In Other News
- Graphic Notes V12: December 2017 – February 2018
- Oscar Arriola: PAZ: Piñatas & Zines
- Graphic Notes V10: September – November 2017
- Chris Zain & Daniel Hojnacki, “Vesseling”
- Graphic Notes V9: June – August 2017
- The Weaving Mill, “Containers”
- Graphic Notes V8: March – May 2017
- Selina Trepp, “Coffee Grounds and Consequences”
December 31, 2013
Call for Guest Curators!
Program a Creative Performance Series at Elastic!
Create and curate your own performance series at Elastic. We’re open to anything performance-based: music, video, movement, readings, theatre, puppetry, performance art, etc. Priority will be given to genres and media that are less typical and don’t have many established outlets for presentation, as well as series that make use of mixed genres and media. Submissions due Jan 31st.
Are you looking for an outlet for non-traditional performance for you and your creative friends/colleagues? Do you think you have some performance ideas and people to showcase that would add to the performing arts landscape in Logan Square and beyond? We’re looking for creative individuals to program a monthly series of 4 events: we will train you to produce the show, and handle audio/video requirements. Elastic will provide production and promotion support. Depending on how it all goes, this series can open the door to future curating and performance opportunities at Elastic.
Requirements: You must book each performance at least 6 weeks before performance date and coordinate your efforts with the Elastic programming and marketing team. You must be present to work/produce each performance (some exceptions may be acceptable). If applicable, you may and are encouraged to perform in one of the four events you program. You must be willing and able to help promote these series through your own social networks. You must currently reside in Chicago or the surrounding area.
1) Submit a description of the performance series you want to curate and why you want to start this series. Include your curating goals and a sample of at least 1 or 2 events that you intend to book, including types of performers and specific artists in mind, if applicable. Include a time-table for when you’d like to this series to run and any other details/ideas you think we should know.
2) Include a brief bio and list of relevant music/sound/performance practice and/or curating experience, as well as links to personal website and any relevant online content (social media / blogs / etc.)
Send submissions and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Guest Curator”. Accepting proposals now through January 31st.